Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 7: Second Try

Priceless photo of her holding my finger. One I will cherish forever!
Brittney's Message: Darby Kate is holding Daddy's one hand while I'm holding the other. His strength for our family is amazing. When I am at my weakest his strength along with God's keeps me going. I am blessed beyond measure with the little family I have!! Broken hearts and all!!! Jesus, whatever your will may be for Darby Kate today we will accept. We are blessed for one more day with her and I will stand by my promise to never question your plan and to Be Still and Know That He is God!!

9:30 a.mThey are prepping her now to stop ECMO. She gave me a small heart attack this morning. She was alert this morning and was acting as if she was in pain so we asked the nurse to give her something to stop it. They gave her a mild dose of pain medication and she started purging and spitting up bubbly liquid. I panicked and it seemed like when I summoned the nurse, every nurse on the floor responded. They are going to try to clamp out very shortly. Please continue to pray.

11:00 a.m. She is still not able to come off of ECMO today. They will try again tomorrow. Please don't lose faith! I could have predicted this after reading my devotional this morning. God was getting us prepared. Sometimes Gods blessings come to us in mysterious ways: through pain and trouble. We are grateful for every day we get to spend with this angel. Thank you for sharing this journey with us and try to see all the blessings that God has given you in your life. There is no doubt that God is RISEN!!

All of Darby Kate's cousins celebrated Easter in the CVICU waiting room.







No comments:

Post a Comment