Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 5: A New Day


Will made a Build-A-Bear for his baby sister. He chose a pink bear with little hearts on its feet.
Good Morning!
We had a good night and she looks really good. They have decided to give her a little longer to rest before trying to get off of ECMO again. They have got her back to supporting 85% and the ECMO is only supporting 15%. I wish I was as strong as her!! Dr. Alten got a few hours rest last night which I am grateful for. I have been singing the doctors praises but have said very little about the nurses and support staff. The nurses here are top notch and I have yet to meet anyone that I do not like. Everyone has been SO nice and have gone out of their way to help us in any way. The situation could be so much worse without the love and compassionate care the staff gives. We are still able to sing to her, talk to her, and love on her. This is time that we will not get back and they could easily make us feel like we are getting in the way. I truly love this place and want everyone to know how special this place and its employees are.
11:30   Change of plans! The doctors have decided to split the work with her 50-50 until Sunday to give her little body a better chance to recover. She should just be able to rest her little body until then. Although I really want her off of ECMO, I am grateful this baby does not have to keep being stressed out. Thank you for the love and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment