Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Miracle

Darby Kate's morning started off terrible.  Dr. Dabal has been pleased with how her heart has held up until today.  We were told that she would probably not make it through the day, but God proved He is in charge and she survived another day!

Brittney's Message: As most of you have read from Jason's post the doctors don't know if Darby Kate can survive through the day. I am so broken hearted. Will woke up with a stomach virus so not only are both of my babies sick, I can't be there with Jason in what he's dealing with at the hospital for fear of spreading the stomach virus and Darby Kate catching it. God give me and Jason strength and help heal both of our babies!! I will continue to trust and know that He is in control!!


 

10:30 a.m.  I am sorry I posted so fast this morning but what I posted was incorrect. I just spoke to Dr. Dabal and he told me that she had a very bad night. There are three issues that they have been trying to balance and only two can be balanced at a time. The third issue takes a hit no matter which one it is and this cycle has caused the heart to get extremely weak and sick. They are rushing around now and about to put the ECMO back into the heart so they can regulate her blood pressure. They warned me that she will probably not make it through the day. If she gets stronger tomorrow or Monday, they will do another surgery but right now the primary focus is keeping her alive and getting her strong enough to survive the surgery.

4:30 p.m. They have put Darby Kate's ECMO tubes back in her heart and she seems to be improving slightly but is still in critical condition. Please continue to pray.

10:00 p.m. I want everyone to know that her blood pressure is now better than it has been in three days, her lactate is low which is wonderful and her oxygen saturation is higher than it was earlier. We are rapidly making up the lost ground!! I thank God for every bit of it. I do want everyone to understand that we are far from victory. This is just a small battle won in a big war. We have not been given any concrete plans on what the doctors hope to accomplish tomorrow but I will let everyone know when I get them. Thank you for the prayers and keep them coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment