Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 9: 4th Try

Today is a new day. We have put our faith in Christ and know he will carry us through. Darby Kate will be weaned slowly and clamped from the ECMO machine.

7:45 a.m.  We will be trying again shortly to get her off of ECMO. Her blood pressure is 10 points higher than it was yesterday. I think today might be the day. We just need continued prayer. I will update through the process.

8:00 a.m. Second positive of the day. The respiratory therapist just suctioned her lungs and it was the first time he did not remove clots.


1:05 p.m. She is clamped off. I will update as soon as I find out something.

1:50 p.m. Pray hard!! Dr. Dabal said if there are no bumps in the road before now and 2:15 pm. She will come off.

8:15 p.m.  Sorry for the delay in posting. I am on out of control Will duty. When I left the hospital around 4:00 pm, she was doing great. Her little heart is beating as if it has no clue that Zorro paid it a visit. I talked to Britt about 10 minutes ago and she was resting. Tonight will be a long night in Helena but I sure was glad to have some one on one time with my little buddy.

10:45 p.m. Brittney: I went to get our laundry and came back to have the wind knocked out again. The ECMO machine was outside Darby Kate's room and the doctor let me know that her pressures have dropped and the surgeon, Dr. Dabal, was on his way back in to hook her back up if they didn't improve within the next 30 minutes. Please pray!!

11:45 p.m. Darby Kate is back on ECMO and stable. We will continue to give God the glory and be patient until his will is done. A decision will be made tomorrow morning around 9:00 am by the doctors on the next plan of action. I have received several more texts from Dr. Alten with words of encouragement and also to let us know that although he is not here, he is very much involved. He is also praying for her and for the wisdom to make the right decisions.











No comments:

Post a Comment